ARBA members can be confident that the judges evaluating their rabbits or cavies on the judging table are well qualified to render their opinion as to the show worthiness and quality of each animal in each class.
An ARBA judge must adhere to the strict standards which have been set by the Board of Directors. In order to earn a judge’s license, each individual must completed the following before applying for a license:
• Raised and shown rabbits or cavies for at least five (5) years
• Been an ARBA Licensed Registrar for 2 of those 5 years.
• Registered at least 35 rabbits or 15 cavies.
• Secured the endorsement (in writing) of 20 ARBA members in good standing.
Once an application for an ARBA Judge’s License has been accepted, each applicant must then:
• Pass extensive written and oral examinations.
• Must assist in judging eight (8) shows under at least six (6) judges and must secure the endorsement of these judges as well.
Once an ARBA Judge’s License has been granted, each judge is expected to participate in at least one Judges’ Conference every 5 years and must pass yearly review examinations with a minimum score of 80%.